Saturday, March 16, 2013

DEFINITELY--MAYBE-Getting the hang of running!

It has been raining all this week, and I have not been running as I should have -Actually the training requires that I run 3x a week, Well I did run on Tuesday, and in fact in the Rain.! I keep telling myself that I need to be able to deal with it,if I have an ambition  "TO-BE-A-RUNNER" and that too-here in Rain-City!But Tuesday was different ,Tuesday my knee started to hurt and my foot got sore,as it was soaked in the rain! BOO to the rains ! Really have I told you enough number of time how much I HATE HATE HATE the rains! I really do, even though it rains here ALL the time -I still HATE it-I will any day take SNOW over rain-Snow is still okay to deal with apart from Shoveling out the drive way,and bundling up-But that's besides the point.

Anyhow, long story short, I was supposed to run 3x where as I ran only once this week,that too on Tuesday. I was planning that I will run this morning as it being a Saturday I thought I would get in a LONG run in---well the Rain God's would not stop --and I was so upset I couldn't go,so we decided we'd go out after lunch to do some hope decor shopping. Guess what,just when we were about to leave-the Sun decided to come out and shine on us.I started getting really restless, while shopping, as I kept feeling that I was wasting my time shopping instead, when the rain has finally stopped,I should be out running,

This is me in my head "Yesterday you said tomorrow-and today it's not even raining-I mean could this shopping not have waited till you were done with the run?" Well thankfully we were done soon,BUT the husband decided that now is a good time to go pick up some small stuff groceries like milk etc-as it was on the way home-and I thought to myself this run is never gonna happen "You can dream on, BUT you are never gonna be able to go for a run" Anyhow that was over and done soon too! PHEW! When we finally reached home,I straight went to change and off I went for a run ! YAY ME!

Today -I had decided since I had some time on my hand I would do a longer run and see how I feel about it, well the interval was 10 minute run and 1 minute walk, and guess what? I was able to run the whole distance-yay-I was so proud and happy that I did decide to go in the end. And to top it,just when I was done and reaching home it started pouring again-So I was glad and caught on to the window,when it was clear and I could run! Today's total distance 5.57 kms!

So I think definitely-maybe I am getting the hang of running!

6 comments:

  1. Talk to me about it - I too feel things like this, blame on the climate, blame on the routine... but 5.57 is really good, Congrats, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gowri! Yup the weather does play a BIG role on our moods,I can tell you ho gloomy I feel here all the time-Thanks to the dull weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure should be proud of yourself Sheetal. This commitment wil take you pretty far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sugar! I'm hoping it does show me some much needed results on the scale too :)

      Delete
  4. Hats off to you! I should take some motivation from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much applefan :) you commenting is a whole lot of motivation for me!That's what this is all about motivating each other.

      Delete