Friday, March 22, 2013

One step forward and two steps back!

Have you heard the song "Not meant to be" by Theory of a Deadman? The songs lyrics has a line where it goes like

One step forward and two steps back
No matter what I do you're always mad
And I can't change your mind,


This is exactly how I am feeling right now, No matter what I do the scale is always mad at me, honestly I have put in genuine effort this week to get in at least one workout in a day, and that has been my goal, which I have succeeded so far an ( exception being yesterday) .The scale however does not want to budge, it does not like something and right now is throwing a tantrum.

Then I keep thinking is this "NOT MEANT TO BE ?!!!! " Ughh,,,, I don't want to think like that!!! I want this to work between me and the scale!!!! I want us to finally start loving each other!

I was 192.2 yesterday and today the scale says I am back to 193.2. I mean I am going one step forward and two steps back. I think I am, may be asking too much on too less a time, may be I need to give my body more time. My body has been so used to exercise for so long,and doing 30 minutes here and there is just may be not cutting it out.

Exercise wise

Saturday-Ran 5.5 kms
Sunday Rested
Monday-Ran 4.5 kms
Tuesday-Jillian Michaels No more Trouble Zone
Wednesday-Ran 4.35 kms
Thursday-Rested
Friday-Plan to run atleast a 5 k (weather permitting)
Saturday-Its apparently going to SNOW (fun !fun! fun !* sarcasm intended) So Jillian Michaels No more Trouble Zone
Sunday-May be a longer run


Food wise I have been very conscious of what I cook and what I eat, I have tried mostly to have lighter dinners and earlier too, I had Beet root soup last night and the night before.

What could explain the sudden gain today would be the fact that we had a late (meaning at around 7.45pm) dinner last night versus the past couple of days when we had dinner at around 6.30 pm. So I guess that is something to try and keep in mind that the scale does not like me having late dinners.

I should have dinner right after I am done feeding the twins,like I've done the past couple days and see if that works.

Its better now that finally its spring time, and if its still day light after the twins go to bed I can add in may be a run or a swim in the community pool when the weather gets warmer.

I hope the scale does get happy with me I am done being in the 190's now I'm sick of that weight.



1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY understand that as I am in the exact same position as you are. I am going back and forth between 77-79 I do see an ocassional 76 after a good workout but usually proper hydration sets me back up.

    I guess the key is to stay consistent and not give up. Honestly even I cant think of much else.

    Here's hoping we both can see some light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete