Vancouver is a city in the Province of British Columbia,and the province is called 'BRITISH Columbia for a reason. The weather is very very English. It rains more here than it does in England (know that from living in both the countries) I know I going away from the point.
The point is Vancouver has a lot of rain, (10 months on an average out of 12 for sure.)For e.g- Today there is a 'RAINFALL WARNING in effect for Greater Vancouver' so it rained real heavy in the morning,got super windy in the afternoon, and I can see some sunlight peeping through now! So you get my point.
Here are some gear that help me with running in the rain and the dreary cold weather
- Leggings-Non Cotton one to avoid Chafing although cotton are my favorite,but they drench.
- Shoes-Asics Gel series or Brooks Women s Adrenalin GTX are good and help keep the moisture from seeping through.
- Sports Bra-Old Navy/ Champion/ Lulumon are my personal favorite.
- Thermal Layer-if it's below freezing.
- Base Jacket
- Water proof jacket -I usually wear two jackets for layering as I feel super cold when I start off and am cooling down.
- Gloves-waterproof or not
- Cap-to cover ears'
- Chap stick-for lips
- Tissue-THE MUST HAVE for me-cause my nose leaks way too much while running in the cold.
That reminds me I need to buy some more gears this weekend ! YAY! for shopping!