Monday, May 27, 2013

Run or Walk?

So I exercised on Thursday and Friday as usual, did the No more trouble zone-on Thursday and the Banish fat boost metabolism on Friday. All was well on Saturday, I intended to go for a run, but a part of me did not  want to, may be the part who was scared that the knee would hurt. So I did NOT go.

Anyhow I told myself I will get back to my workout routine on Monday, as usually the weekends are so busy with other activities and grocery and going up and down the stairs in the house a gazallion times in a day, so with the knee being on border line I thought it would be wise to keep it light.

Saturday evening, I was folding all the tonne of laundry which was sitting and looking at me for a very long time.I bend over to take something up from the bed and my I felt a electrifying spasm shoot from my knee,and I was put to sit down (meaning it was not an intentionally action, it just happened) as if the knee gave up on me! I sat rubbing my knee, moving in, flexing it. At it felt completely okay after a bit as if nothing ever happened. BUT again at dinner time the same thing happened again! At this point I was terrified and the husband was getting MAD at my 'I will not go see a doctor' attitude! By this point even I was getting to be worried,for my knee.

My reasons for not wanting to see a doctor were very clear-What if the doctor asks me to rest/ stop running? I DON'T want to hear that-

However, I NEED my KNEES--and at this point I need them more than I WANT to RUN! There comes a time in life when you need to choose between your NEED and your WANT and my NEED at this point is far higher than my WANT! So I swallowed my pride and went to see a doctor in a WALK-IN clinic on a Sunday morning!

The Doctor pretty much said what I thought she would, she said I have OVER WORKED my LEG! That I need to REST it as much as I can, if at all I can SWIM but no running at least till we do a X-RAY and find out what's going on inside.She said any form of exercise is BAD at the moment! As we do not know what's happening, and if at all there is a DAMAGE in there.She also said that loosing weight would help. Okay seriously guys, I find it ridiculous when she said I can't exercise BUT loosing weight would help-my thoughts OKAY-BUT HOW? I won't go swimming as I know it makes me so hungry that I will eat double the calories I burnt-this is solely out my personal experience!

I went for a X-Ray this evening :(.  The results will come in, in 2-3 days to my doctor! Keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't anything serious!

As for diet, I am researching my diet if my future has 'no exercise' written in it! I will update you when I finalize on the 'diet' plan I would follow!

I so badly wanna RUN but I more importantly wanna be able to WALK for the rest of my life!

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Its sad to know about the knee part. But you have to follow what the doc says. Lets see what would be results. Everything would be fine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Gowri! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed :)

      Delete
  2. Oh the Knee issue sounds bad. I hope you feel better soon.My hubby dearest lost a ton of weight aproximately 10 kgs a couple of years back with zero exercise and a strict diet nothing drastic but well scheduled. I could share it with you if you want it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don,t mind sharing ! Yes, please! I can't promise I will follow it to the T, but I will definitely take whatever suits my lifestyle!Thanks

      Delete
  3. Sheetal - I agree with Yummy Mummy. Exercise is 70% food - as much as it is hard to admit!!!! The problem with exercise, is that if you are doing a strenuous exercise routine you must eat accordingly to compensate for the muscle use - good amount of carbs & proteins.

    Exercise moderately - walk/yoga/ swim/ elliptical but watch your food - counts the calories - carbs specially! I'd suggest you read up on the Weight watchers program/ South Beach Diet. SBD really helped me jump start my weight loss. Focus on the food and you will do good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sugar! You' always have good suggestions. Well, as of now the doctor does not want me to walk much too-but I am going to try and swim. and Yoga is a good suggestion too! Weight Watchers is way too expensive to join, but I would look into South Beach Diet,!

      Delete