Friday, June 7, 2013

I'm a 50/50 QUEEN

I have been on the Slim Fast Meal Replacement shake this week. You can read about it here and 3 out 5 days I did take it and the rest couple of days I missed it. In the sense I did not drink it, but neither did I have dinner.

So far this is my update

  1. The Strawberry flavor that I got is very really as in, it does feel like you are drinking a real strawberry milk shake.
  2. Yesterday I actually intended to follow the diet just the way it was intended to-so morning I had the Chewy Chocolate bar-which I hated-honestly how can something which has chocolate taste so chemically and just blah! Anyhow I just gulped it.
  3. I had lunch as usually,however by lunch time I was super duper hungry-Oh and another thing is I forgot to carry snacks to work yesterday so that was a major major problem, cause by lunchtime I was so so so famished.
  4. Lunch was 1 Roti and Palak Paneer.\
  5. However by the time I got home by 5 pm I was so hungry and had whatever garbage there was.
One thing I have realized is that I cannot think and dream of dieting and loosing weight if the husband is busy buying and getting all kinds of junk food home.

I know I should be the one to blame,I should think of my own self, and learn to say NO to junk like chips/ cake/coke/Pepsi and all the other stuff that he gets home. BUT the reality is I can't and I am always unsuccessful in saying 'NO'

It's not that I haven't had 'The Talk' about this to the husband, but he hasn't changed his lifestyle in the past 12 years so I don't think there is much of a point that he will anymore. What I am so much wanting and learning and hoping to do is try and eat it in moderation (apart from anything sweet )

I have done this in the past (2010-2011) I can do it even now. I ain't giving up!I ain't going to be called the 'Queen of 50/50' by picking up a good habit and then leaving it without completing

What are your tips when you have temptations around? How do you deal with them?



6 comments:

  1. I enjoy what yоu guуs are usually up too.

    This kind of clever ωork and ехposurе!
    Keep up the amazin g works guys I’vе included you
    guys to blogroll.

    my webpаge - losing ωeight after 50 (www.dailystrength.org)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. We are all the same boat when its come to temptations, the no in the head is pretty low. What i have been trying to do this past week is divert my attention indoing something completely different when my cravings start, like combing my hair , doing the dishes or or play with my daughter even painting my nails or trying on the clothes that I want to fit in. So far its working fine, till I get the courage to say a big fat no

    ReplyDelete
  3. My way would be to tell my husband that I eat healthy and ask that it not be brought home. Usually if he wants something that only he will eat, I suggest he eat in the store itself like samosas, bakery puffs etc and not bring them home. If brought home, I ask him to keep in a place which I cant reach (i.e hide it) or I keep it in an inconvenient space like a cupboard which has a lock and key so that I will have to take an effort to reach for that stuff i.e. it is not right in front of my eyes with my snacks.

    Also I always have healthy snack options for a craving - eg I get roasted channa and khakras if I have a salty/ chatpata craving or mildly sweetened hot chocolate for a chocolate craving/ small portions of fruits or even dry fruits like dates, dried cranberry etc for a sweet craving! That way I do snack but without much harm!

    ReplyDelete