Sunday, June 2, 2013

'No news is good news' and a Weekly Goal!

It's weird but I'm glad, there isn't anything 'visibly wrong' with my knee! Yuppie for that! However I am going to take it slow with that . One thing I HATE about the medical system here is that when you go to the Doctor and then they ask you to do some tests, (back in Dubai-you will be told later if the tests were okay, and what you need to do etc)

However here, they would call and get you in the doctors office ONLY and ONLY if there is anything wrong. So no news is good news! So when a doctor's office calls after you have done a test-it usually means that there is something wrong with the tests. Anyhow, as good as the system is (for the doctors) it isn't always good for the patient, so obviously this means I did not get a call from the doctor's office so I called in to check if they received my results and what the doctor thinks. Apparently the receptionist said there was a note that there isn't anything 'visibly wrong' and asked me to follow what the doctor said in my earlier visit! I hate this-I hate to go visit a doctor -meaning wait in the line up just to see the doctor and then come back with a dissatisfied feeling. Such is the plight here, unlike back in Dubai or even India, here there are less doctors to patient ratio so there are very high wait time. Anyhow.

So after much research and calculations and thinking and really pondering on my lifestyle,I have come to a conclusion that I am going to be doing a 'Slimfast shake ' diet.

For those who don't know it is a meal replacement shake which you take instead of a meal. The diet is supposed to be 3-2-1-meaning
 3 snacks of 100 calories
2 Slimfast meal replacement shakes or bars(they even have bars you can eat instead of shakes)
1 -500 calorie healthy dinner.

Well after thinking hard of what I really want, I came to the conclusion that I will only replace 1 meal (dinner) for me with the Slimfast shake.

I chose Dinner as for me, whenever I have eaten lighter dinners it has worked for me to loose some weight! So I will eat my yummy oatmeal for breakfast a sensible well balanced lunch and 3 snacks and Slimfast shake in the night! This is my goal for the next week.

Today I weighed 190.6 lbs. I am going to also start updating my weigh-in page and see how it goes for the next week.

Exercise wise, I am planning to wait it for a week more and then get started may be with Yoga and upper body-.

That's it for now-over to you-What's your goal?

8 comments:

  1. Sheetal!! Good to know nothing is too wrong with the knee. That means you can go back to running! Yayy! Make it slow and steady - one baby step at a time :)

    Good luck with you new eating plan...my goal this week is to cut out unnecessary carbs and ensure proper workout with a run or 2 in between!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sugar! Yes, I am going to go back to basics with less of running and more of walking and then slowly and gradually keep going-cutting carbs is such a battle for me :(

      Delete
  2. yay, this is certainly good news. So you are back on track. Let us know how the meal replacement works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! Yes I will update how it goes!I am hoping I'm back :)

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward on how the meal replacement works...Start slowly on the walking/running part... As of now I am walking for 45 minutes with the baby in the stroller.. the pain is there but continuing it :-) How are the kids doing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow 45 minutes with a stroller-must be some workout! I will let you know how the meal replacement goes :)Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  4. Hi!

    I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me please? Thanks!!

    Melanie : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie,

      Sorry, I do not have your email address, but you replay here, I will get it! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete