Monday, November 11, 2013

First ZUMBA class experience and my KNEE pain!

This weekend I decided that I would be more active ,instead of blaming the fact that on weekends the gym opens at 8 am and that does not allow me to go right at 4.45 am like other days. I would JUST LEAVE and go for a spinning class in the Rec center which is much closer than the gym and that way I would get my exercise done.

Anyhow ---SIGH--- that did not happen--so I couldn't get any exercise in on Saturday :(

However I really wanted to try ZUMBA out and that was on Sunday at 11.30 am in the rec center , so I got the kids breakfast and was ready by 11.15 went to the Class.

This is the Class just before starting -





I have to admit I LOVED LOVED LOVED the class and I just LOVED LOVED LOVED even more the music!! It was simply awesome ! I was so glad I decided to go.

My KNEE however did not like it (ya the same one which was bothering me when I used to run and the doctor said not to run anymore!)

Anyhow I decided this is due to the fact that ,the knees are carrying so much weight. So I am on a mission to AT LEAST loose 10 lbs before the end of the year.




That's me during the class (break) I was not sweating half as much as the other women around me-I wonder why.

That's it from me, how was your weekend ?

13 comments:

  1. wow, i love zumba. I had done a demo class once long time ago and it was exhausting. But since I love dancing i thoroughly enjoyed it!!
    btw great to have u back and know that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prachi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! It's nice to hear from you. I loved Zumba too, I think I will be going back again the coming Sunday too :)

      Delete
  2. We joined the community center last February and saw they offered a Family Zumba class. I decided to try it out with my daughters and we all fell in love with it. We have went to class every Wednesday since. When my girls went back to school I decided to try out one of the adult classes during the day, which is taught by a different instructor, and found I loved that one even more! I try to hit her class up every Tuesday morning. Have you been to Massholemommy's blog (www.massholemommy.com)? She often blogs about how she lost all of her weight through Zumba classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sharing her blog Theresa, I went and read a few of her posts after you shared her, here. Zumba -I think I am going to try it again :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your zumba class has breaks? I zumba 5 or 6 times a week and there are no breaks until the class is over. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish mine did NOT have a break lol! I hated the break in between after like every song but other than that I LOVED it. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our gym they have zumba classes, I didnt have the courage to try it on.. Reading your post made me think I can do too. Next week will go. Congrats on your getting back your zeal and all the best for your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know how you like it , if you decide to try Zumba Gowri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did zumba last year and it was so so good.
    You can try some walk dvds by leslie sansone known as walk away the pounds.
    I began with them last year.
    I too had a bad knee. But one year later i feel much fitter even though have not lost as much.take care
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Z, I will surely try Leslie Sansone's vid!

      Delete
  8. I love Zumba, stopped it now because I can't fit it in my schedule anymore but I remember the first time I went for Zumba I came back smiling and I think I was smiling for so long after the class ended..it was really fun
    I hope your knee gets better, take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tanvee! Thankfully it was okay the next day, I guess it was in a state of shock lol!

      Delete