Thursday, November 7, 2013

No Excuses

Yesterday I did couldn't NOT workout.

Well, actually day before- I did Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack and 1 of the back arch pose in it made my back so sore, that I was barely able to bend after that.

So like a good girl, I took a break yesterday, as, when it comes to my back, I get very scared. I've had back issues back when my older son was just born and I had to take a whole lot of yoga etc measures to mend it !

So,anyhow this morning too the BITCH in me was saying not to exercise and was finding all kinds of excuses including it raining outside/ the back needing more rest, even though it isn't hurting at all today/ to the knees will pain after. BUT ---I did not listen and just got into my workout clothes, somehow, for me, when I get into my workout clothes it gets my mind going-that I need to workout-I don't -Does this happen to you too?

So I thought I might as well do JM's 30 day shred cause


image coutesy Pinterest

So I did go with the flow and did my 30 minutes of JM 30 day shred.Glad to say that it did make me feel so much better!

As it turns out, workout is really so much more easier AT LEAST FOR ME than  eating right-no really it is-and eating right is actually 80% of weight loss. Although I so badly would like it to be the opposite lol


                                           Image courtesy-Pinterest

You know what I did to motivate myself, I went and read my yesterday's post about the goal that I have set to achive and that kinda got me going, as silly as it sounds --but hey whatever makes me move, Right


Do you see Jillian kicking my ass here ?



Oh and today I wore my favorite shoes-actually these shoes I don't usually wear for my workouts but I did today cause I was feeling so blah..aren't they pretty ?



My weird "sweaty me" obsession :)




So what do you do motivate yourself?


16 comments:

  1. I completely agree that a great motivator is putting on the workout clothes. I find myself making excuses quite often, but when I push myself, I feel so good that I actually did my workout when it's over. Thank you for stopping by Theresa's Mixed Nuts. I am following you on GFC now. I look forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Theresa! I find that for me the first step is always the hardest :)

      Delete
  2. For me it's always having a plan, I have a very detailed plan, every week I decide my workouts and the time, I have got used to following my plan blindly, no excuse..if I am bored to get out then I tell myself only 15 minutes workout but usually after 15 minutes I feel like completing my workout...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works only sometimes for me lol! Other times I have no energy after the cleaning/cooking/ sweeping/mopping/mothering/ and working full time-Again this may be an excuse for some but for me it is my reality!

      Delete
  3. I am a planner, so I make a very detailed plan..monthly, weekly and daily...I plan the smallest detail, from what my workouts will be, to the time at which I plan to workout, If I have a run scheduled I will decide my route, my km and my time to finish the run, I have got used to following my plan blindly, worst case scenario I tell myself only 15 minutes not more but usually once I start I tend to finish :)
    have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping bye Tanvee! True that plan helps, I need to get more on top of that ! Point noted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motivation. I try my best to keep my eye on the "prize" (the end result/goal) and know that if I keep pressing, I will get there. It's hard sometimes, though. I screw up sometimes, but the mess ups can never conquer this burning desire in me to get to my prize.

    Yoga for the back. It did wonders for me. I was hit by a car. When physical therapy insurance benefits ran out, my back was still hurting. Doctor barely any help. But Yoga! It healed me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I agree with you Josie! Motivation does keep us going, but sometimes (like recently) I do fall off the band wagon! Yoga helped me too with my back troubles.

      Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you here more often!

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean.
    And Jillian totally scares me so I refrain from her.
    I try the st workouts at skinnymeg.com .

    Also The kitchen is a bigger challenge.
    Its hard but worth it.
    Xoxo
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will surely try that Z! Thanks for sharing,! Kitchen is the BIGGEST and more IMPORTANT challenge for me lol! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheetal. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Wish you had left it sooner because then I would have found your blog sooner. Kudos to you for tackling Jillian. She's a total sadist in my mind so mucho respect to you;) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H Leigh! I have a Love-Hate relationship with Jillian. She loves me and I hate her-lol,cause she is a killer :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope to see you often here.

      Delete
  9. I would love for weight loss to be about exercise only - that's the easy part for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on you for persevering - I'll be starting JM's Body Revolution - Im so scared about Jillian - but we all have to face our fear s some day right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! Keep us updated on how you like the Body Revolution :)

    ReplyDelete