Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Bully myself and I LOVE it!

Last Friday was the last day of work for the rest of the year YAY!

Though this is going to be a Stay-cation with us not travelling anywhere, we are planning to do a few things around the house,

  1.  some fixing, some refinishing. 
  2. Some touch ups etc.
  3. I also plan to take the kids to see the Christmas lights across the City.
  4. I want to start potty training one of the twins and hoping that she gets the hang of it before I can move to the other twin.
  5. We have a family tradition to watch Christmasy movies in the Winter break with some hot chocolate or wine 
  6. Get 30 minutes of exercise everyday
  7. Count and track my food ESPECIALLY during the stay-cation time.

Today is day two and let me tell you I did exercise yesterday, today however ,the mean B**** in me is not wanting me to exercise-uggh-I have been self sabotaging a lot of things lately, exercise wise, food wise, and other aspects of my life as well.

What has worked for me is to be my own bully-I pull my self and get myself moving. I have started treating myself(the inner self) like I would treat my 9 year old-If he doesn't do the chores that I ask him to do, I hound him like no ones business and make sure he does what he is expected to do, like cleaning up after meal times, if he forgets I make sure I go behind him to remind him.

I am being the same with myself these days, and it has been working.For e.g-I did not want to exercise yesterday, but I did not listen to myself, I went to the gym and just showed up and everything else just followed.

I am also focusing on food a lot,its a challenge in the holidays , But I think I am a work in progress!

Here's a blurry selfie



5 comments:

  1. It's so hard to stay in shape this time of year! I skipped my workout today and made cookies all morning. I keep telling myself that after Christmas I'll get back on track, but in the meantime, I'll hate myself for those skipped workouts :(

    Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i like this bullying idea! hope it works for you!
    Happy Holidays and enjoy your stay-cations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Potty training...for two!!!!! We are all still works in progress. And the holidays don't make it any easier. Good luck with your check list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great staycation!! I think that's great that you went to the gym even though you didn't feel like it. I have to do that a lot too, but I never regret it!! Looking good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of do the same thing. I just decided that working out on a specific schedule is as much of a priority as going to work. You can't just skip work when you feel like it! This helps me stay consistent.

    ReplyDelete