Though this is going to be a Stay-cation with us not travelling anywhere, we are planning to do a few things around the house,
- some fixing, some refinishing.
- Some touch ups etc.
- I also plan to take the kids to see the Christmas lights across the City.
- I want to start potty training one of the twins and hoping that she gets the hang of it before I can move to the other twin.
- We have a family tradition to watch Christmasy movies in the Winter break with some
hot chocolate or wine
- Get 30 minutes of exercise everyday
- Count and track my food ESPECIALLY during the stay-cation time.
Today is day two and let me tell you I did exercise yesterday, today however ,the mean B**** in me is not wanting me to exercise-uggh-I have been self sabotaging a lot of things lately, exercise wise, food wise, and other aspects of my life as well.
What has worked for me is to be my own bully-I pull my self and get myself moving. I have started treating myself(the inner self) like I would treat my 9 year old-If he doesn't do the chores that I ask him to do, I hound him like no ones business and make sure he does what he is expected to do, like cleaning up after meal times, if he forgets I make sure I go behind him to remind him.
I am being the same with myself these days, and it has been working.For e.g-I did not want to exercise yesterday, but I did not listen to myself, I went to the gym and just showed up and everything else just followed.
I am also focusing on food a lot,its a challenge in the holidays , But I think I am a work in progress!
Here's a blurry selfie