Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Weigh in Wednesday and a REAL problem!!!

Weigh In Wednesday



I am tagging on to It is time to face the scale!


Today's Current Weight is...


195.6 **Insert Sad face**

No excuses for not weighing myself, as this is doing me more harm than good! I am trying to protect myself from mean self!
Every time I look at myself in the mirror, I pass a judgement!

Every---

Single--

Time!!!!

Can you imagine how hard that must be?!

Here are some conversations that happen in my head :

"Oh my God, look at those gross flabby arms"

"Oh my god, yuck with that Butt"

"Shame on you, for eating like there's no tomorrow"

It's like, I am, my own best friend and my worst enemy.


I need to be able to take just pure ownership of my weight! But I make excuses (for eating and not exercising)

I am having so much of self doubt about my ability to EVER be able to loose any weight on my own , and quiet frankly I am not sure I WANT to spend money to join something along the lines or Weight Watchers.

I also have noticed if I am doing good in one area, I start self sabotaging in another, for example I did exceptionally well in my workouts last week, but then comes the weekend, and all my efforts go down the drain--I know what I am supposed to over the weekend, BUT that NEVER happens!!

May be, there is something seriously wrong with the way I am doing this, I eat super healthy during the day, and then comes the evening and husband gets some super yummy (outside food), NO NO!

I am not blaming him!

In fact he does not force me.

I am blaming my COMPLETE and UTTER lack of WILLPOWER.




Its frustrating to not loose any weight in over a year or loose and gain the same few pound again and again!

I am aware this should be a lifestyle change.....but in my case-I am not sure if anything would EVER change when it comes to food habits of the husband...

They have not changed in the past 13 years we've been together, what has happened, is he and I have both gained weight in that time.

He not so much.
Me a lot (I'll blame my one plus a double pregnancy)

27 comments:

  1. Why dont you try WW. Its very famous and I hear it works.
    Also..dont be so hard on yourself. I am currently too working on losing what I had already lo. ( gained 5.5 lbs) So I know its challenging
    but we can do it.
    ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop being so hard on yourself. I used to be the same way, but you have to learn to love your body and all that it can do! :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on loving my body the way it is! Thanks Ash!

      Delete
  3. Willpower is hard to handle, but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa! But I am having BIG troubles with that lol!

      Delete
  4. I have yo-yoed over the past few years and finally decided enough was enough. Like Ash said, be kind to yourself. No one is perfect. Life will always have its ups and downs. As long as you keep trying, thats all that matters. Good luck, you can do this!

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Stephanie! I have been trying way too long without any results lol!

      Delete
  5. Dont get frustrated, you have been a physical trainer in your previous years.. we all go through this.. handling work, kids and home is tough business.. you will come out of it..believe in yourself! Cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheetal, you know I TOTALLY get you. Wish I could post something encouraging, but all I can say is hang in there. That's the same advice I am giving myself right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheetal.... I know that feeling of saying bad things to yourself... must be hard. WW is a good kick start. But like any program, it must be tough too... saying no to yummy fatty things IS difficult for some of us.

    When you wake up in the morning - say to yourself - I am going to make this a good day for me. Keep making changes and you'll have momentum in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It most definitely is hard for me! But look where it is keeping me.

      Delete
  8. Can you tell your husband how hard it is on you when he brings home that kind of food? Surely he would understand? I know how hard it is to look at yourself in the mirror and hate everything you see. I'm the same way. But just remember it's a journey, and you're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband knows its hard on me! But he wouldn't change his ways lol! Story of my life!! haha Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  9. I think you are being very hard on yourself, I agree you need to take up the responsibility but you also need to know it's normal not to be able to start with being good in all aspects at the same time (food and exercise) when I started I focused only on food then when I got used to it I shifted my focus to exercise..takes longer but it's more manageable...one small change at a time..if you need any help let me know, always here to support :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much Tanvee!! I sure am going to take your advice and start with one change at a time! Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  10. I like Tanvee's advice. Start with changing food habits and go from there. Make small changes if you can't commit to a whole lifestyle change at once. Change is good no matter how quickly or slowly it comes. This is for life and it's better to move forward slowly then stay the same. Your husband is not part of the problem in my opinion. He is a hurdle for sure, but something you have to overcome. There will always be temptation whether it is at home, at work, in social situations. How you handle these situations will determine your success. Good luck:) And just for the record, you are beautiful as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much Leigh! I so like your advice! I think you're right this is 'real life' and I have to learn and get my act together !

      Delete
  11. Sheetal dear Tanvee is right ! Make some changes hang on for months till it becomes a habit. Then focus the next change. Slowly you would have the lifestyle you wanted. With three kids a full time job whatever you are doing is good. It will take time, but the scales will make you happy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gowri! I hope you are doing okay and your hubby too!

      Delete
  12. I have always struggled just like you have - by looking in the mirror and loathing what I see and by thinking "I'll just never be able to lose weight, so why even try". I lost over 100 pounds from Sept 2008-2010 and then in 2013 because of some bad medical issues, I gained 40 pounds. I was so depressed because I thought I would never be able to lose weight again. However, on November 25th, I got myself in gear and was determined to get the weight off for round 2. I have lost 28 pounds since then. You just have to take it one day at a time. Looking at the huge picture when it comes to weight loss can really stress a person out. Just make one good decision at a time. When you wake up, eat something clean for breakfast. Opt for water instead of soda. Take the stairs instead of an elevator. Try to plan your day out - instead of that 30 minutes of TV, make it a quick work out. That is what I did and then the healthy decisions are coming as second nature. I'm new to your blog, but just from what I am reading through, I really feel that you can do this. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thank you for visiting my blog and your comment! I will take you advise and take it one day at a time! I was really lacking focus but and taking it slowly! Thanks again!

      Delete
  13. Getting out of your own way is one of the most difficult things. It's almost like we have some success and then fear sets in. Between fear and bad habits, self sabotage is real. You can change this path. It's not easy, but staying accountable to yourself is a good first step.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Diane, I am in my own way! I need to get outta my way! Lol but yes I am surely trying! Thanks

      Delete