Sunday, March 23, 2014

I did my first Virtual 5K

So do you remember my post where I said I would be doing a Virtual 5K every month.

Today was that day!

Big brother had a Birthday party this afternoon in a Recreation Center, where there is an excellent Fitness centre too!

So, I thought, I would rather spend the two hours that I needed to while away my time around, in doing this 5K on the treadmill.

So,I had my lunch at 11 am this morning as the Birthday Party was at 2 pm.

Lunch was a brown rice and Red Kidney beans with some Fat free Sour cream! Mmm~~~ Delish!



I dropped Big Brother and went straight to their gym.

The gym really is awesome and the treadmills there are state of the art! With touch screens etc.

I started off with a slow 5 minutes walk and then went straight into interval of whatever my knee felt comfortable, my goal was to finish this (regardless of the time) without injuring my knee again!

The treadmill in that Gym has a set time of 40 minutes where it stops automatically after that, at 40 minute mark I had finishes 2.53 miles so I had to reset the Treadmill and start all over again for another 0.60 miles.

Which got in the way of my time, but Oh well!

Total time taken 50 minutes.

I know! it sucks! But I am so proud I did it!

I was second guessing my decision of doing it without much serious running and my knee, but thankfully I listened to my body and slowed down at the slightest tightness in my knee!

I realized only after I sat in the car to leave (Thanks to a forgetful kid who forgot the Birthday Present home, so I had to run back to grab it after my run) that I had forgotten a selfie.

So here it is, with my post workout snack, 6 grapes and 50 gms fat free plain yogurt!


All in all I'm glad I did it, if the weather god permit, I will "try" and run outside if it isn't raining!

As I don't intend to run in the rain at all! I HATE it!

Here's my medal people! I love it


Thanks Kyra for organizing this and motivating people like me!

How was your weekend?

XOXO, Sheetal

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic work doing a 5k instead of going to a birthday party! Amazingly strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo! WTG! (What spices are in the rice/bean dish?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyra, I will post the recipe soon!

      Delete
  3. Forget the time, I think it's fabulous that you finished! Way to go! And the red beans and rice looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa, they it was really yummy!

      Delete
  4. Yay!! Great job . It doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alma! That was my goal this time too lol!

      Delete
  5. Wow! congrats. Your face has started reflecting your weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY to finishing the 5k! On to next month! Just listen to your body....our bodies are actually quite smart and will tell us what we need to do or not need to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran! I know I have to fine tune myself to listen to my body more often :)

      Delete
  7. Woohoo! Great job! Your beans and rice looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, will post the recipe soon!

      Delete
  8. That is awesome! Congratulations:) You should be VERY proud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing your 5K that's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emmm, there's nothing that sucks about your 5K time. You set out to do it. You did it. You finished. That's what makes it all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josie! That's very kind of you :)

      Delete
  11. that's really a great effort to be healthy
    hmm...I should start to work out too
    my life is too sedentary
    MY-Emily

    ReplyDelete