Saturday, May 3, 2014

Why Weight Watchers has worked for me ---(So Far)


Today being a Saturday was my Weight Watchers weigh in day and that meant going to the meeting.

I lost another 2.2 lbs (since my last Saturdays weight) that means I am a total of 24.8 lbs down in just over 14 weeks!

I thinks that is CRAZY!!!!!

Really, if someone would have told me in January that I will loose that much weight in the next 4 months I would have said that they are out of their minds  :)

I have tried all the possible diets out there from

Slimfast where I replaced a meal with a shake and ate a bar for the next and had one "sensible" meal a day.

Ya, that didn't work for me, as that would leave me so so hungry! I would end up eating more.

Then I tried the Juice fast, where I had juice just for three days, I lost some weight with that, but gained it all back.

I tried counting calories on my own on MyFitnessPal, that was almost for a year, that did not work either.

Then some of my blog friends suggested that I try the Weight Watchers diet, and I was thinking of that and I did join in the beginning of February.

The program was new and the BEST part about this program is it taught me to eat "real" food.

Yes after a long time I was "allowed" to eat.

Suddenly I felt free,

As if the weight over my shoulder was off!

I wasn't reprimanded me for eating.

I had other members (in real life) who were on the same journey.

Someone to go talk to, when I was suffering with my chip addiction.

Someone who celebrated my success with me when the scale went downward (in real life)

Don't get me wrong I truly appreciate all your virtual support, each and every single comment that you guys take the time to type in keep me going!

BUT

I was a lonely soul especially since my weight wasn't budging!

Then I joined Weight Watchers, and I felt the connect.

I felt "accountable"

I felt like something clicked.

As silly as this sounds--But.....

I felt as if someone would be MAD at me if I gained weight...

That, it would matter to someone if I did not do well and loose weight a week...

That I was answerable to someone!

That helped me...

I am not saying that it would help everyone of you who is reading or trying to loose weight.

All I am saying,it worked for me.

I am not really BIG on Advising people on what they should be doing especially if no one is asking,

BUT

I feel after loosing 25 lbs now I earned myself the right to be a BIT preachy--lol!

Take it or leave it....

Another BIG thing that worked was to be honest on the BLOG.

That is the reason I always post my photo stepped on the scale,

As photos don't lie right?



Then comes this photo,,,




I am still not too comfortable with my pretty photos been taken, sweaty ones are okay though lol cause

Image courtesy-Google

We all got to search for what works for us in this lonely "Weight loss" battle!

I hope you guys do find it too.

Oh, and also by any chance if I loose sight, please please feel free to remind me of my this post!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of this post.


What weight loss system have you found that works / worked for you?


XOXO, Sheetal

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you have found a program that you love, will stick with, and is working for you. You are doing such a great job on the weight loss! Snaps and claps for you, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sheetal!!! I am so so so happy for you... so glad that you found something that worked for you.... I know how far along in your journey you have come and can tell you have survived through sheer grit!!! Be proud of your self and yes you are absolutely licensed to write preachhy posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheetal, I am so happy you for! you found something that works for you.: ) and ofcourse you have earned every right to be preachy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a system that works for you..now its just about following it through your ideal weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO incredibly proud of you Sheetal! You are such an inspiration. I'm on week 3 of WW, and kinda slacked off on counting my points. But you inspire me to get back to it! How much more do you want to lose? I would like to lose 30.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you found something that works for you...looking forward to reading the second part

    ReplyDelete